Tuesday 6 January 2009

A Minnesota Night

Something lurked in the back of my mind today as I was trolling through my recipes looking for my supper. I didn't know it at the time.

I was wearing a shirt from a Japanese store, socks and pants from English makers. A T-shirt from God knows where. Jeans were 501s.

Opted for Beer and Mushroom Mac 'n' Cheese. Didn't know why until I put the package that'd arrived on. It was the Cities 97 Sampler.

It's a compliation of artists who have come into the Minneapolis station's studio doing acoutstic sets. And for tonight, at least, I would like to be at home, listening to these people, eating this food. understanding who I am.

Today I talked to, and played with, some very serious people. Global Creative Directors, Global Marketing Directors. Global Kings and Queens. And I played, but it was a dice game.

I'm playing, and maybe by rules I can define. But I have now learned the hard way that you can take the boy out of the Midwest, but you can't change who you are.

A nod to Jeremy Messersmith.

No comments:

Followers