Monday 27 October 2008

Craig votes!


The less than ideal place I get put in when elections come around is that I get to vote in elections in the States, where I am not really affected by the outcome, and not in the UK, where I am affected by it. You can argue that we are all affected by the choices American make, but voting law doesn't really reflect that.

This fact does not sit well with some of my friends back home. It is a little too close to having a foreigner influence what they see as their, and not my, elections.

But it is still my country, and I still have the right to vote. And this election, this so very decisive moment in American history, is too important, the choice of roads to go down so very different, that any discussion about my right to vote would be mere quibbling.

McCain-Palin '08!

No no no. just kidding.

No comments:

Followers